Friday, October 3, 2008

Baby Elephant Sighting!!!

I just had my first encounter with an elephant. A baby elephant. Sure, I've seen elephants at the zoo, but this was my first "here I am crossing the street, checking out the crowd, and oh my god that's a baby elephant right next to me" kind of encounter. I had to stop and stare. It had a baby elephant face, baby elephant feet, and, most wonderfully, baby elephant fuzz. Ohhh, baby elephant fuzz. What could be cuter?

I don't know why I said no to the lady who was selling elephant food. It's my natural response now - to say no to anyone soliciting anything, particularly to tuk-tuk drivers. But, oh my, I need to go back to the "Little Arabia" neighborhood where we just were and feed that elephant as soon as possible. I know it's all for the tourists, but I can't explain this awed, obsessed feeling I currently have about the elephant. I think I need one. Christmas gift?

3 comments:

steveandbub said...

Next time, take a picture!!
Mom

Katherine said...

I will only consider getting you a baby elephant for Xmas if I'm guaranteed unlimited petting rights.

Tiara said...

Okay, maybe we can do a "Baby Elephant Goes to New York" special.