Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stop Speciesism - Support Elepehant Suffrage

Today we went to Bangkok's Chinatown. With the sole exception of seeing a vendor selling shots of Johnnie Walker Red next to fancy crossbows, it was a total bust. Save yourself the airfare and go to San Francisco.

Instead of spending more time on Chinatown, I'd like to do my part to raise awareness of a cause close to my heart. You may not be aware that in Thailand it is illegal for elephants to vote. These backwards practices are reminiscent of our country's own dark history of disenfranchisement. I'd like to ask that each and every one of you take five minutes out of your day to write your local congressman a letter explaining the importance of elephant suffrage in Thailand. Lets end this thing, together.

Translation: No taxation without representation and/or peanuts.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Frankly, I cannot support elephants voting. They're clearly republican.