Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Charlie Cone Christmas

Hi everybody, it's me, charlie!

Happy christmas and kwanza and hannukah and veteran's day! I hope i didn't leave anyone out. I loooooove presents and candy and holidays and i went on a "special investigation" to see christmas in hong kong.

First i asked a nice reindeer to take me to santa so i could ask him holiday questions. (Charlie fact #1: reindeer have very sensitive noses and can smell santa from three miles away or even more if there is no wind).

This reindeer was lazy and didn't take me very far, but it was fun to ride!

I was nervous to see santa because the last time i saw santa it was also christmas except that it was really sad and i got lost. We were on the sleigh and i was wrapped in a box for a little boy named 'kasem shinawathra' and it was dark and noisy but i heard santa say that kasem "just gibbed a kitten with the mower" and wouldn't get any presents. So santa dropped me off in bangkok with barnaby, the "regional warehouse supervisor elf" and he loaded me into a big box with some other animals and we were fedex-ed to the north pole c/o krabin, the "toy redistribution elf". But something went wrong and instead of going back we ended up at the mall in krabi where they sold me for money to ian and tiara so i guess it was okay. Ian and tiara are neat!

Tiara helped me to see santa and also to not get stepped on by the kids that are bigger than me.

I said hi to santa but he didn't remember me and he smelled like moldy grapes and wanted to borrow $20. There were a lot of other kids that wanted to see santa so i couldn't ask him about making toys and how to grow a white beard and who his new favorite ice cream cone kid is since he doesn't like me any more. Santa if you are reading this then i say shame on you for pretendeding not to know charlie your favorite ice cream cone kid, and also to please pay me back the money on the first like you promised.

After we saw santa tiara and ian went to go buy christmas foods at the mall and i got to look around. I found santa again but i don't think he was feeling well (maybe all the moldy grapes!) and he wouldn't move or speak or give high-fives.

Santa was maybe in a comma or dead but i took my picture anyway

I gave up and went and rode up and down the escalator for an hour while tiara and ian finished shopping.

These are escalators, i don't know if you've played on them before but they're really fun and you can walk down the one that's going up but stay in the same place!

I was tired from all the excitement but tiara and ian wanted to look at the lights so we went on a ferry and looked at the lights and they were pretty and not as blurry as they look in the pictures i took.

Here's a hotel. It looked like it had falling snow but it wasn't real snow because it glowed yellow and didn't fall to the ground and it tasted like glass and burned my tongue when i tried to lick it.

Here's a tilty shot of what the buildings look like across the harbor.

I know that i am supposed to be a good reporter but i fell asleep on the ferry back because i was very tired from running up and down the escalator. But when i woke up in the morning there was a box for me from santa!

This is me opening presents. Charlie fact #2: I loooooooooove presents.

Santa gave me my favorite thing, chocolates! I guess he remembered his 'ol pal charlie cone after all :)


This chocolate says 'alexandre le grand' on it. I like to eat chocolates with people heads on them, i eat the noses first

Okay, that's the charlie report. Ian says i should end it with something like "happy holidays from everyone at the farang team," but yesterday he called santa "dirty" and "probably homeless" so i'm not going to.

6 comments:

Richard said...

Yeah Charlie. It is funny because Santa smelled like moldy grapes at our house in the desert as well. I am glad you had a nice Christmas Charlie. Wish the rest of the Farang team a Merry Christmas for me.

Richard

Richard said...

so it's ok I guess that you didn't mention SOLSTICE!!! that's the real holiday all those other ones stole from...and my favorite... but it was so great to hear from you I can overlook it...I can't wait to meet you in person...love to the whole team...
debby

Charlie said...

Hi Richard and Deborah, i am glad that you liked my post! Sorry that i forgot your favorite holiday.

I asked ian what solstice is and he said "it's a holiday for people who live in the past and don't shower." I don't like baths either! Also, if i lived in the past i would want to be a dinosaur (ROWWWWRRRR). That would be so neat!

Happy solstice everyone!
ROWWWRRRRR!

Barbara said...

Hi Charlie,

I saw Santa at the mall the other day - I didn't get close enough to see what he smelled like.

I like to eat the ears off chocolate Easter bunnies, do you?

I am glad you had a nice holiday (whichever one) with Tiara and Ian. We will see you in Japan!

Love,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Charlie--

Have you read "Travels With Charlie?" maybe Ti or Ian can read it to you, because I have a feeling you don't read much, do you?

thendfo, for your novel...

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,

You should tell Ian and Tiarra to feed you some of the chocolates from that hotel in the picture. They have a chocolate shop in the basement and they are really yummy.

Even better, I'll feed you some Charles Chocolates when you get home.

Merry Christmakah!

Chuck